With the summer months around the corner, it’s time for a round up of the best fragrances for the summer season. We treat our perfume like our wardrobe and change it up according to season. Since the warmer weather can change your skin chemistry, your favorite fragrance you loved in the winter time may be too heavy for the summer. Bye bye to all the heavier winter scents and hello to the lighter ones that are perfect for the up coming season.
We have collected the 10 best perfumes that will spice up your scent for the summer.
1. Frederic Malle ‘En Passant’ – En passant is French for “passing through”. It’s a simple and tender composition from Fredric Malle’s favorite flower lilac surrounded by watery and green notes, cucumber and wheat flower.
2. Rodin ‘Bis’ – A smoking hot new scent from the skincare oil queen Linda Rodin. This feminine, but not fussy, scent captures a lost mid-century elegance. Bis is described as a “classic green-violet-orris fragrance”. The notes include bergamot, anise flower, lemon, rose de mai, jasmine, violet, musk, ambergris, tonka bean and lavender.
3. Serge Lutens ‘L’Eau’ – Serge Lutens wanted to create a clean and clear scent, an anti-perfume as he calls it himself. A fresh fragrance, as if you just have stepped out of a bath, with a citrusy green accord of magnolia and lily-of-the-valley. This perfume is also referred as the ‘most expensive soap in the world’.
4. Byredo ‘Flowerhead’ – A floral fragrance inspired by the founder Ben Gorham’s heritage and his own imagined Indian Wedding. The notes include angelica, cranberry and lemon.
5. Acqua di Parma ‘Colonia’ – The first scent, made in year 1916, from the Italian company. A citrus fragrance still going strong made with a composition of lavender, rosemary, Sicilian citrus, Bulgarian rose, jasmine, amber and light musk.
6. Jo Malone ‘English Pear & Freesia’ – A fragrance that captures the luscious scent of just-ripe pears wrapped in a bouquet of white freesias together with some wild roses, amber, patchouli and woods.
7. Le Labo ‘Lys’ – Described as an overwhelming white floral, a blend of jasmine, tuberose absolute and lily. This amazing scent reminds you of a warm and sunny day.
8. Hermés ‘Jour d’Hermes’ – A luminous, sensual and floral scent that represents the ultimate elegance and delicacy. The citrus-lemon top note is very attractive and followed by a amazing floral mix.
9. Stella McCartney ‘L.I.L.Y’ – This floral scent is a homage to Stella’s mother Linda (L.I.L.Y = Linda I Love You). It’s a delicate, feminine and innocent scent with unusual notes of black truffle, lily of the valley and of oak moss.
10. Philosophy ‘Amazing Grace’ – This is a classic, fresh and feminine scent. The smell is clean and soft with notes including bergamot, muquet blossom and musk.